My baby bro.
The other day he asked me if I wanted to feature a recipe of his on here. Knowing my brother’s cooking, a little slap dash but packed full of flavour, I naturally said hells yeah.
So here you are – Rupert’s legendary ‘cheat’ meatballs.
- 2 hamburger patties
- 2 pork sausages, meat removed from the sausage casing
- 1 medium egg
- 3 tablespoons of roughly chopped chives
- 1 medium red chilli “seeds and all”, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon wholegrain mustard
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 ½ teaspoon ground paprika
- Few drops of chipotle hot sauce (or any other kind of hot sauce)
- 2 tablespoons of good quality olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
Simply combine all of the ingredients in a bowl and using your hands mix well so everything is evenly distributed. Cover with clingfilm and refrigerate so the mixture can soak up all the flavour overnight, or at least 1 hour before cooking.
To roll the meatballs have a small bowl of water to hand to keep your hands moist. With slightly wet hands take a small amount of the mixture and roll into balls.
Shallow fry in a large pan or skillet in about half and inch of vegetable oil. Cook until nicely browned.
Makes around 30 meatballs.